Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 20g minced chives
- 20g minced parsley
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins
- 4 1 1/4cm-thick round slices back bacon
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 1 1/4 cm-thick slices
2) Spray a large nonstick frying-pan with cooking spray. Ladle a quarter of the egg mixture into frying-pan and cook, omelette style, until eggs are cooked through, about one to two minutes per side. Slide omelet onto a plate and repeat with remaining eggs; cover with foil to keep warm.
3) Meanwhile in a separate frying pan, heat Canadian bacon until warm, about one to two minutes per side. Toast English muffins. Fold omelette to fit English muffin, then place omelet on one muffin half. Top with a bacon slice, then tomato, then top with other muffin half.
Calories 330; Total Fat 13 g; (Sat Fat 5 g, Mono Fat 3 g, Poly Fat 1 g) ; Protein 25 g; Carb 31 g; Fiber 5 g; Cholesterol 245 mg; Sodium 920 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Fiber, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Calcium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Selenium
Good source of: Vitamin B6, Folate, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc
Tags: Healthy, Diabetic, High Fiber, Dairy-Free