Parisian Steak and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
These buttery croissants work fantastically with salty Brie and peppery rocket.
- 4 (115g) beef fillet steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 croissants
- 175g Brie cheese, cut into 1-cm slices, at room temperature
- 80g rocket
- 125g jarred roasted red capsicums, thinly sliced
Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a medium skillet or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for about 5 minutes each side for medium-rare. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick pan or griddle over a medium heat. Using a serrated knife, slice the croissants in half lengthwise. In 2 batches place the croissant halves, cut side down, in the pan and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until lightly toasted.
3) Arrange the slices of Brie over one half of each toasted croissant. Add half the rocket leaves on top.
4) Slice the steak across the grain into 1/2 to 1-cm thick slices and add to each sandwich. Arrange the red pepper slices on top of the steak. Top with the remaining rocket and add the top half of the croissant. Serve immediately.