BBQ Prawn and Squid with Nam Jim Sauce
- 500g whole raw prawns
- 500g small whole squid, split in half and cleaned
- For the Nam Jim Sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves (8 small Thai garlic cloves)
- 3 coriander roots, cleaned, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lime, or to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chilli, or to taste
1. For the nam jim sauce, place garlic in a mortar and pound lightly so you can remove the garlic skins. Add coriander root and pound to a rough paste. Stir in fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Stir through chillies, adding more or less to taste.
2. Grill whole prawns and squid on a hot BBQ grill plate until just cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side). Slice squid into bit sized pieces. Serve squid and whole prawns with nam jim dipping sauce.