Sausage burger with spicy onion rings and humous
- 3 pork sausages, meat removed from casing
- 50g chorizo, chopped
- 20g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Olive oil, for frying
- 30g cheddar, grated
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 100g plain flour, seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 120g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ciabatta roll, toasted
2) Soak the onion rings in milk for 5 minutes to remove some of the strength of the flavour. Remove and coat in the seasoned flour, before deep frying in vegetable oil for 2–3 minutes until golden brown.
3) In a food processor, blitz the chickpeas with the cayenne pepper, paprika, chives and lemon juice.
4) Remove the burger from the oven and serve atop the toasted ciabatta with the humous and onion rings.