Beef and Mushroom Pie
- 1kg beef roasting joint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500ml water
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 1 tbsp beef gravy granules
- 2 300g tins whole button mushrooms
- 1 375g pack Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 600g Frozen Golden Fries
- 100g Frozen Garden Peas
- Salt and white pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
2. Take the beef and cut into small chunks. In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil, add the diced beef and brown then pour over the water, add the stock cubes and bring to the boil.
3. Cover the pan and simmer for about 45 minutes, until the meat is tender.
4. Add the gravy granules to the pan to thicken the sauce.
5. Drain the mushrooms and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a round ovenproof pie dish.
6. Top with the pastry, trim around the edges and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry has browned and risen.
7. Serve with chips and garden pea, cook as per pack instructions.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi