Butternut Squash, Sage and Stilton Pie
- 750g cubed butternut squash
- 2 small red onions, each quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g butter, melted
- 6 large sheets filo pastry
- 220g jar The English Provender Co. Apple, Pear and Fig Chutney
- 125g Stilton or blue cheese, crumbled
- 50g walnut pieces
- 6 sage leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC, Gas Mark 5. Place the butternut squash and onions in a roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, brush a 28cm round loose - bottomed flan tin with some of the butter. Lay a few sheets of filo across it, slightly overlapping. Brush the overhanging filo with more butter. Continue layering the filo, buttering as you go and slightly overlapping the sides of the tin. Place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
3. Spoon the apple, pear and fig chutney over the bottom of the pastry. Top with the butternut squash and onions. Scatter over the Stilton and walnuts and sage leaves. Fold in the overhanging edges.
4. Place the pie on the preheated baking sheet and bake for 20- 25 minutes until golden. Serve in slices, with a crisp green salad.
Recipe courtesy of The English Provender Co.