- For the base
- 300j strong bread flour
- 1 7g sachet instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200ml warm water
- For the tomato sauce
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 200g vine tomatoes chopped (1/2 tin chopped toms)
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g mozzarella, cubed and dry
- To serve:
- Fresh basil leaves and drizzle olive oil
- Grated Parmesan or vegetarian alternative
To make the base, mix all the ingredients together and knead for 5 minutes, place in a bowl, cover and leave somewhere warm for an hour.
Meanwhile place all the ingredients for the sauce into a pan, bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes, blitz until smooth in a food processor and chill.
Heat the oven to 250C, roll out the dough as thin as possible, put onto a pizza stone, top half with sauce, and cheese, and a few basil leaves, fold it in half and crimp around the edges and bake for 10 minutes. To serve, top with basil, Parmesan cheese and olive oil.