Cape Town Tarts
- 12 slices Parma ham
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, very thinly sliced
- 150g red and yellow baby plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 50g mild blue cheese, cut into pieces
- 75g pitted black olives, chopped
- 4 tbsp chives, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 225ml milk
- Pepper to season
- 30g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Take a 12-hole standard muffin tin and line each hole with one slice of Parma ham covering the base and sides.
3. Heat the oil and sauté the onion for 4 minutes until soft and place aside to cool.
4. Mix with the tomatoes, blue cheese, olives and chives. Divide into the prepared bases.
5. In a jug, whisk the eggs and milk together and add a pinch of black pepper.
6. Pour equal amounts into the prepared mixture and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until puffed up and set.
8. Cool for a few minutes and gently remove from the muffin tin.