Roasted Tomato and Wensleydale Tart
- 300g self-raising flour, plus extra for rolling
- 75g essential Waitrose Dairy Butter, chilled and diced
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg
- 250g tub essential Waitrose Lighter Soft Cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150g Wensleydale, grated
- 25g pack fresh chives, snipped into 1cm lengths
- 200g pack Pome Dei Moro Tomatoes, halved lengthways
- Olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Place the flour in a large bowl and, using your fingertips, rub in the butter until finely blended. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk, then use a round-bladed knife to bring it all together to make a soft dough.
2. Knead the dough briefly then roll out and use to line a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
3. Beat together the egg, soft cheese, mustard and three-quarters of the Wensleydale and chives. Spoon into the tart case.
4. Arrange the tomatoes on top, cut-side up, then scatter over the reserved Wensleydale. Grind over some black pepper and spray lightly with olive oil.
5. Sit the tart on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until set and golden. Sprinkle over the reserved chives and serve with a watercress salad.