Grilled seafood salad
Recipe by:Giada De Laurentiis
- 125ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 60ml fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 340g sea scallops
- 340g squid, bodies only
- 85g rocket leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 425g tinned white beans (cannellini), drained, rinsed
- 1 large head radicchio, leaves separated
For the dressing:
Heat the oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes and then add the herbs and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Cool to room temperature. Whisk in the lemon juice. Season the dressing with salt and pepper, to taste.
For the seafood:
Prepare the barbecue or griddle pan (medium-high heat). Pat the scallops and squid dry with paper towels and thread them onto skewers. Brush them with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops and squid until just cooked through, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cool completely. Cut the squid across into 1/2-cm-wide rings.
For the salad:
1) Combine the rocket, carrots, peppers, and cannellini beans in a large bowl. Toss with 120ml of the dressing to coat.
2) Place 1 large or 2 medium radicchio leaves on each of 4 plates. Spoon the bean salad into the radicchio cups. Top with the scallops and squid. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the seafood and serve.