- 450g fresh bay or sea scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Plain flour, for dredging
- 55g unsalted butter, divided
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 80ml dry white wine
- 1 lemon, cut in 1/2
2) In a very large saute pan, heat 25g of the butter over high heat until sizzling and add the scallops in one layer. Lower the heat to medium and allow the scallops to brown lightly on one side without moving them, then turn and brown lightly on the other side. This should take 3 to 4 minutes in total.
3) Melt the rest of the butter in the pan with the scallops, then add the shallots, garlic and parsley and saute for 2 more minutes, tossing the seasonings with the scallops. Add the wine, cook for 1 minute and taste for seasoning.
4) Serve the scallops hot with a squeeze of lemon juice.