Spicy orange glazed scallops
- 75g finely diced shallots
- 1 large or 2 medium oranges, zested
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 180ml orange juice
- 420ml chicken stock
- 160ml dry white wine
- 2 habanero peppers, cut into quarters, stems and veins removed
- 60ml orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 9 large sea scallops rinsed and dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped chives and orange slices, for garnish
2) Taste often and remove and discard the habaneros when the desired heat is achieved. After the habaneros are removed, add the orange liqueur.
3) Brush the scallops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear the scallops on a grill pan to a slightly under-cooked state, about 3 1/2 minutes per side but watch them closely.
4) Remove the scallops from the grill pan and add them to the thickened orange glaze, tossing to coat well until scallops are cooked to the desired doneness.
5) Smear three clean plates with orange glaze and top each with 3 scallops. Drizzle the scallops with more glaze and garnish with the chives and orange slices.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.