Grilled Prawns in Lettuce Leaves with Serrano-Mint Sauce
- 1 pound large prawns (about 36), peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 leaves green curly leaf lettuce
- Serrano-Mint Sauce, recipe follows
- Chilli oil, for drizzling, optional
- Fresh coriander leaves
- For the Serrano-Mint Sauce
- 1 cup tightly packed mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 serrano chiles, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss prawns in oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the prawns for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, or they will be tough and rubbery. Remove from the grill.
2. Place about 3 prawns in each lettuce leaf. Drizzle with the Serrano-Mint Sauce and with a little chili oil, if desired. Sprinkle with a few coriander leaves. Roll up the lettuce leaves, and eat immediately.
1. Pulse until smooth. Season, to taste.