Layered Crab Rangoon Dip
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pound fresh lump or jumbo lump crabmeat
- One 8-ounce can whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons hot Chinese mustard
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 small cos heart, thinly shredded
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely-packed fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Fried wonton skins, prawn crackers or rice crackers, for serving
Beat together the cream cheese and milk in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Combine the crabmeat, water chestnuts, mustard, onion, Worcestershire, soy sauce, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a medium bowl and toss gently to combine.
Spread out the cream cheese mixture in an even layer in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Spread the sweet-and-sour sauce on top, leaving about a 1-inch border of cream cheese all around. Spoon the crab mixture on top of the sweet-and-sour sauce. The dip can be prepared up to this point and refrigerated, covered, overnight.
Just before serving, scatter the lettuce, spring onions and coriander over the crab, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Serve with wonton skins, prawn crackers or rice crackers.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen