Miso-Grilled Aubergine and Scallops
- For the Miso Glaze
- 1/2 cup light miso paste (found at Asian food stores or health food stores)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mirin or sake
- For the Aubergine and Scallops
- 2 Japanese Aubergine
- 1 pound large sea scallops (dry pack frozen)
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
For the Miso Glaze
Stir all ingredients together and chill until ready to use.
For the Aubergine and Scallops
Preheat a grill on high heat. Slice aubergine on the bias into pieces 1/2 -inch thick. Grill until soft and showing grill marks, about 3 minutes, then turn over.
Brush glaze on cooked side of aubergine, then turn over to cook 1 minute while glazing second side. Remove from grill and set aside on a platter. Repeat same method with scallops.
Serve aubergine and scallops warm and garnished with sesame seeds.