Shrimp Burgers with Old Bay Mayo
- For the Shrimp Burgers
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 spring onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup rapeseed oil
- For the Old Bay Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 4 brioche buns, halved and lightly toasted
- Avocado slices, for topping
- Lettuce leaves, for topping
- Tomato slices, for topping
For the Shrimp Burgers:
1. Coarsely chop half of the shrimp. Put the remaining shrimp in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Combine both shrimp in a large bowl with the breadcrumbs, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, pepper, spring onions and egg and mix.
2. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, and then form into 4 patties. Refrigerate 10 more minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers, about 3 minutes per side.
For the Old Bay Mayo:
1. Combine the mayonnaise and Old Bay to taste in a small bowl.
2. To serve, spread the buns with the mayo and place the burgers on the buns. Top the burgers with the avocado slices, lettuce leaves and tomato slices.
Recipe courtesy of Katie Lee