Gorgonzola, Parsnip and Pear Soup
- 750g parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 8
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 50g butter, cubed
- 1.2L vegetable stock
- 200g Gorgonzola Dolce or 125g Piccante, plus extra to serve
- 100ml cream
- 50g walnuts, crushed
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 190°C.
Place parsnips, onion, garlic, pears and thyme on a large baking tray and dot over the butter.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning at intervals to keep the vegetables coated in butter. Pour over a ladleful of stock and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the parsnips are tender.
Place vegetables in a blender along with the stock, Gorgonzola and cream. Blend to a smooth purée.
Transfer to a large saucepan and heat through. Stir through the cream and season to taste.
Serve ladlefuls of soup, topped with walnuts, thyme, pepper and crumbled Gorgonzola.
Recipe courtesy of Gorgonzola