In the box:
- Saffron blend
- Paella paste
- Paella garnish
- 150g chicken, chopped to bite-size
- 100g king prawns
- 50g cooking chorizo, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150g paella rice
- 50g peas
- 100g red pepper, chopped
From your cupboard:
- Sunflower or olive oil
- Splash of white wine
- 1 lemon
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Put a little oil in a frying pan and bring the pan up to high heat. Flash fry the chicken until browned, then remove it and leave to one side.
2. Fry the chorizo in the same pan until crispy. Then add the onion and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Bring 400ml of water to the boil in a saucepan and stir in the paella paste to make a stock. To the frying pan add the paella rice, a splash of white wine (optional) and the saffron blend and set to simmer on a medium heat.
4. Add the stock gradually to the rice and cook on medium heat, stirring from time to time for around 15 mins.
5. After 15 minutes add the chicken and peas to the rice and simmer for 5mins.
6. After adding the chicken and peas heat a little oil in a separate pan and fry the prawns, stirring in the paella garnish, for 3-4mins until pink. Serve the paella topped with the prawns and an optional wedge or 2 of lemon.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com