Pan-Roasted Carrots with Mint and Parsley Gremolata
- 700g carrots, cut on a diagonal into 3-inch-long pieces, halved lengthwise
- 120ml low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Place the carrots, broth and 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the carrots are tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring, until the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are lightly browned, another 2 to 3 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Meanwhile, combine the mint, parsley, juice, zest and remaining 3 teaspoons oil in a small dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the warm carrots with the herb mixture.