- Course salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 beef filet steak, 8 to 10 ounces, 2 inches thick
- 1 piece thin bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Serves: 1 serving
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C.
2. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the steak. Wrap the steak with the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
3. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil. When melted, add the steak to the skillet and sear on both sides until a really nice color, about 1 minute per side.
4. Remove the skillet from the stove top and place into the oven to finish cooking. Cook until medium rare, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.