Bacon, Egg and Prawn Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 4 ounces prawns
- 4 ounces fresh or frozen peas (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice (preferably day old)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 spring onionss, chopped
Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Add the eggs, reduce the heat a bit and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes to scramble. Remove and set aside. Reheat the wok and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon peanut oil. When the oil is hot, add the pancetta, garlic and ginger, then stir quickly. Once the pancetta begins to turn brown, 1 to 2 minutes, add in the prawns and peas and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more.
Add the cooked rice and stir well to break it up in the wok. Add the scrambled eggs back in, season with the light soy and toss to coat the rice. Add in the toasted sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately garnished with chopped spring onions.