Carrots with chickpeas and pine nuts
Add a vibrant crunch to your meal with this nutty salad.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (400g) tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 carrots, peeled and shaved into ribbons using the vegetable peeler
- Small handful of pine nuts
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2) Add the garlic and cook for a further minute before adding the chickpeas, carrots and pine nuts. Cook until nuts are toasted.
3) Drizzle with white wine vinegar; add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.