Ginger, Carrot, and Sesame Green Beans
Crunchy vegetables tossed with sesame seeds makes the perfect side dish.
Recipe by:Ching-He Huang
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 340g Haricot Vert or standard green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Toasted sesame oil, to drizzle
- Toasted white sesame seeds, to garnish
- Toasted black sesame seeds, to garnish
Heat a wok over high heat, and then add the vegetable oil. Add the ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Then add the carrots and green beans and stir-fry for two minutes (adding a splash of water if necessary to facilitate cooking). Season the vegetables with light soy, rice vinegar and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil. Garnish with a sprinkling of the toasted white and black sesame seeds.