Mekong prawns stir fried with pork belly and spring onions (Tep rang ba roi)
- 200g boneless pork belly, finely sliced into 2mm pieces
- 200g school prawns (or king or tiger prawns), tip of heads, legs and tail trimmed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp finely diced garlic
- 4 tbsp finely diced lemon grass
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 red Asian shallots, finely diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced into 4cm pieces
- 3 sprigs coriander, to garnish
- Jasmin rice, to serve
2) Combine the ingredients in each bowl well and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
3) In a hot fry pan, add oil and fry the red shallots and the remaining 2 tbsp of lemon grass until fragrant. Now add the pork belly and cook on a high heat for 2 minutes or until brown. Add the prawns and stir fry until the prawns change colour, then add the spring onions and toss for another minute.
4) Transfer to a plate and garnish with coriander. Serve with jasmine rice.