Monday Night Tenderstem and Chicken Peanut Noodles
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g Tenderstem, stems cut in half
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded & sliced
- ½ bunch spring onions, sliced
- 200g leftover cooked roast chicken, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium hot red chilli (optional)
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated (optional)
- 2 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 250g (4 blocks) dried egg noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions
In a wok or large frying pan heat the oil until hot. Stir fry the Tenderstem, red and yellow peppers and spring onions over a high heat for about 3 minutes, or until they are starting to soften a little.
Add the cooked chicken, garlic, chili and ginger and fry for a further 2 minutes.
In a small bowl mix the peanut butter and soy sauce together, then pour into the wok, stirring well to coat everything.
Stir through the cooked noodles and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Tenderstem Broccoli