Sizzling Black Bean Beef with Noodles
- 225g wide rice noodles
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 1 Thai red chilli, sliced
- 450g beef fillet, trimmed and sliced into 1cm strips
- 1 tbsp Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 large or 2 small green peppers, seeded and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 tbsp Amoy dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Black Bean Sauce
- 3 salad onions, sliced to garnish
1. Cook the noodles according to pack instructions. Heat a wok over high heat and add the oil. When the oil starts to smoke, add the garlic, ginger and chillies and stir fry for a few seconds. Add the beef slices and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, keeping the ingredients moving in the wok. As the meat starts to brown, add the rice wine.
2. Add the green pepper and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the noodles, breaking them up with a spoon, then add the soy and black bean sauce and stir everything together. Garnish with the sliced salad onion and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose