Spicy Tomato and Egg Fried Rice
Fried rice with a delicious Indian kick, just in 15 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or rapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
- 170g mixed vegetables: 1/2 green, 1/4 yellow, 1/4 red peppers cut into long strips, 3 spring onions cut into 5cm lengths
- 250g basmati rice, cooked and cold
- 1 Patak’s Goan Hot & Sour Indian Stir Fry sachet
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok. Crack in the eggs and quickly break up the yolk as it starts to fry. Keep mixing it together as if you are making scrambled eggs.
Once it has all scrambled add the mixed vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
Mix in the rice and make sure you break it up so the grains are separated. Cook for a few minutes until the rice is heated through.
Stir in the Patak’s Goan Hot & Sour Indian Stir Fry sachet.
Sauté for 1-2 minutes before garnishing with fresh coriander.
Follow Patak’s on Facebook for more news, recipes and offers.
Recipe courtesy of Patak's