Couscous, Cranberry and Pistachio Stuffing
- 175g couscous
- 350ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 45ml dried cranberries or raisins
- 30ml shelled pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 30ml freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g butter, melted
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F.
Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions with the stock, then set aside to cool slightly.
Add the remaining stuffing ingredients to the cooled couscous.
Using slightly damp hands shape the stuffing into 24 small balls. Transfer to a foil-lined baking tray and chill for 10 minutes to firm up, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden.
Serve the stuffing with roast beef or lamb.