Pork chops stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 (280g) bag of frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 56g goat cheese
- 75g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 (112g) center-cut pork chops
- 335ml chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
2) Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook until combined, about 2 more minutes.
3) Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add the goat cheese and the cream cheese. Stir to combine and set aside.
4) Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the thickest portion of the pork chop. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture and close the pork around the stuffing. Season the outside of the pork with salt and pepper.
5) In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice and mustard.
6) Warm the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, heavy frying pan over a medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the pork. Cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a side dish and tent with foil to keep warm.
7) Add the chicken broth mixture to the pan over a medium-high heat. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan as the chicken broth simmers.
8) Reduce the broth by half to make a light sauce, about 8 minutes. Spoon some sauce over the pork before serving.