Herb and Apple Stuffing
- 3.6kg, 2.5cm bread cubes, white or whole wheat
- 56g unsalted butter
- 450g onion, medium-diced
- 450g celery, medium-diced
- 2 granny smith apples, unpeeled, cored
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 225ml chicken stock
- 110g sliced blanched almonds, toasted (optional)
2) Put the bread cubes on a 32.5x45x2.5cm baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 7 minutes.
3) In a large saute pan, melt the butter and add the onion, celery, apples, parsley, rosemary, salt, and pepper. saute for 10 minutes, until the mixture is soft.
4) Combine the bread cubes and cooked vegetables in a large bowl and add the chicken stock, and almonds, if desired.
5) Place the stuffing into the main cavity of the turkey and into the neck of the bird. I cook a 5.5kg turkey for 2 1/2 hours at 180° in a pre-heated oven. 6) Make sure the stuffing in the cavity is secured by wrapping the legs tightly with string.