Roast Beef Hash with Eggs
- 225g cooked roast beef or lamb, shredded
- 2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped or sliced
- 350g leftover cooked roast potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼tsp cayenne pepper or mild chilli powder
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat, or until golden brown. Add the potatoes, press down and continue to cook with the onion for 2-3 minutes without disturbing to achieve a crispy base.
Add the garlic, thyme, cayenne or chilli powder and season, if required. Reduce the heat and cook for about 5 minutes, or until meat is piping hot.
Add the mayonnaise and stir gently to combine. Serve the hash with a poached or fried egg and garnish with the parsley. Serve with a green salad and relishes or condiments of your choice.
Tip: This recipe works well with cooked roast lamb too.