- For the Vanilla Cake
- 375g Stork with Butter
- 375g caster sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract/vanilla pod paste or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 6 eggs, large
- 375g self-raising flour
- For the Icing
- 200g Stork with butter
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pastel Chocolate Candy Beans (Smarties) to fill
1. Grease and line the bases of 3 x 8” cake tins. Preheat the oven to 160°C(fan)/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the vanilla extract.
4. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
5. Sift in the flour and fold in until well blended.
6. Divide the mixture between the 3 tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
8. Prepare the icing beating together the Stork, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
9. Level the tops of the 3 cakes using a sharp serrated knife.
10. Cut out the centres of 2 of the cakes with a sharp knife or cookie cutter to create 2 rings.
11. Set the first ring onto a serving plate or cake board and sandwich together with the next ring using a layer of icing.
12. Fill the centre of the ring with chocolate candy beans.
13. Coat the top of the ring with icing and place the full round cake into position. Coat the top and sides of the cake with the remaining icing.
14. Use the tip of a palette knife to create a ridged style in the sides and top of the icing.
15. Decorate with sprinkles and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Stork