- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Stir with your hand to be sure the ingredients are combined. In a 2-cup glass measure, combine the milk, eggs, and melted butter. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture, pour the wet mixture into the well, and stir until just combined. There will be some lumps but don't overmix the batter! Add the strawberries and sugar and stir gently to combine.
2. Using a 2 1/4-inch ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the muffin cups to fill the liners. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean and the tops are nicely browned.