Broccoli and Sweet Potato Spring Rolls
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli stems cut in half depending on size to give 16 pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 125g sweet potato, peeled and very finely diced
- 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 20g blanched almonds, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 12g currants
- ½ small lemon, grated zest and juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 packet filo pastry
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
Serves: 8 rolls
Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
Parboil the Tenderstem for 4 minutes, drain and set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and sauté the sweet potato for 5 minutes until almost tender. Add the shallots and almonds and cook for a further 5 minutes until both vegetables are soft.
Stir in the spices and cook for 2 minutes before adding the currants, lemon zest and juice and seasoning.
Cut the pastry into squares approx 15 x 15cm. Brush one sheet with oil and place a second sheet on top. Dot a good tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture in a horizontal line 2cm from the top and place two Tenderstem stems on top, top to tail, overlapping if necessary. Roll over and turn the edges in, brushing with oil and roll into a cigar.
Brush the top with oil. Repeat until you have 8 rolls. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp.
Recipe courtesy of Tenderstem Broccoli