Cajun Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash
In the box:
- Cajun seasoning
- Red pepper paste
- Garlic oil
- 2 Chicken breasts (skin on or off)
- 300g Sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1cm slices
- 3 rashers/smoked streaky bacon, cut into squares
- 150g Okra or baby courgettes, sliced
- Feta cheese to garnish with
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Put the sweet potato in a pan, cover with water, add salt, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, heat half of the garlic oil in a griddle pan. Rub the chicken breasts with the Cajun seasoning and fry for approximately 6-7 minutes each side, until cooked through.
4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, heat the remaining garlic oil in a separate frying pan and fry the bacon for 3 minutes, until crisp. Add the okra and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Drain the sweet potato, mash and stir in the red pepper paste, bacon and okra.
6. Serve the mash onto plates and top with the chicken breasts.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com