Sweet potato oven chips with avocado dip
- For the sweet potato chips
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, cut into 10cm long and 1.5cm thick chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Coarse ground rock salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Avocado dip, recipe follows
- For the avocado dip
- 1 avocado
- 80ml mayonnaise
- 75g cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped.
- 2 spring onions, white and light green part only, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2) Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil until coated. Add the paprika, chilli powder, coriander, salt and pepper; toss to distribute evenly.
3) Arrange the coated chips in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes on the lower rack until the sweet potatoes soften. Transfer the pan to the upper rack of the oven and bake 10 minutes longer, until chips fries are crispy. Serve with avocado dip.
For the avocado dip:
1) Place the avocado, mayonnaise, cream cheese, jalapeno, spring onions and lime juice into a blender or small food processor. Blend for 1 minute or until you have a smooth paste.
2) Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve as a dip with the chips.