Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups peeled and diced sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper or hot sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
Melt butter in a large saucepot over medium heat and cook onion 3-4 minutes to soften, but not browned.
Add sweet potato, ginger, coconut milk and 3 cups of stock. Simmer 25 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
Purée until smooth with a hand blender, add remaining stock if soup is too thick. Stir in lime juice and strain (straining is optional). Return to heat and season to taste.
Ladle into bowls and top with coriander leaves and a swirl of yogurt. Soup can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.