Fish soft tacos with pico de gallo-black bean sauce
- 170 g cooked fish, such as baked cod
- 4 flour tortillas
- 115 g pico de gallo
- 1 tin black beans, drained
- 60 g sour cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Mixed stir fried vegetables, recipe below
- Lime wedges
- For the mixed stir-fried vegetables
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 225 g sliced red onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and spears cut into 5 cm pieces
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2) Heat fish and all 4 tortillas in a stack and wrapped in foil on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes.
3) In a bowl, combine pico de gallo, beans, sour cream and cumin.
4) Arrange fish on tortillas and top with pico de gallo-black bean sauce and mixed stir fried vegetables. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.
5) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, bell peppers, and asparagus and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until soft.
Yield: 8 servings (or 4 servings for fish tacos, and leftovers for another dish like Robin's mixed vegetable quiche).