Roasted Tomato and Pepper Chicken Tacos
- 1 tbsp oil
- 700g chicken breast, diced
- 1 Old El Paso Roasted Tomato & Pepper Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 12 Old El Paso Crunchy Taco Shells
- 1 can (435g) Old El Paso Refried Beans
- 3 avocados, peeled, stoned and diced
- 2 limes, 1 cut into wedges, 1 whole
- 1 Old El Paso Cool Soured Cream Topping
- 115g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 200g shredded lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 medium sized spring onions, sliced
- 25g fresh coriander
1. Heat oven to 180⁰C, gas mark 4.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and stir-fry the chicken until thoroughly cooked, and no longer pink inside.
3. Add the Roasted Tomato & Pepper Seasoning Mix and continue to sizzle until golden brown.
4. Place the taco shells open end down on a baking sheet and heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Heat the refried beans until hot in a small saucepan.
6. Meanwhile, mash the avocados in a medium sized bowl using a fork, and add the juice from one of the limes – mix well.
7. To serve, spread the refried beans on to the tacos, and top with the cooked chicken, cool soured cream topping, grated cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, mashed avocado and a sprinkle of onion and coriander. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Old El Paso™