Curried tuna salad
- 350g tinned tuna in brine, drained
- 1 finely chopped small red onion, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp sultanas, soaked in 2 tbsp warm water for 10 minutes, drained
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Madras-style curry powder
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice plus more to taste, if required
2) In a small saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the curry powder and stir for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool.
3) Once cool, add the curry flavoured oil to the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper and add the lime juice.
4) Gently mix the tuna with the seasoned mayonnaise and serve on a bed of mixed salad leaves or use as a filling for pita breads.