Grilled tuna with hot pineapple-papaya salsa
Add an exotic vibe to your tuna with this spicy salsa.
- Cooking spray
- 4 tuna steaks (about 140 g each)
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 225 g diced pineapple
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 60 g minced red onion
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsps freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp hot chilli oil
- 225 g somen noodles, cooked according to package directions
1) Coat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat to preheat. Season both sides of tuna with salt and cracked pepper. Place tuna on hot pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium doneness.
2) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine pineapple, papaya, onion, chilli pepper, lime juice, coriander, and chilli oil. Mix well and season, to taste, with salt. Serve tuna over noodles and spoon salsa over top.