Italian-american style tuna melts
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 60ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 60g pitted chopped black olives
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 2 sticks celery, minced
- 340g canned tuna, drained and flaked
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 30g softened butter
- 4 top-split hot dog rolls
- 225g fontina cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
2) In a large bowl combine the anchovy paste and olive oil. Add the olives, onions, celery, tuna, lemon juice and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
3) Lightly butter each side of the rolls and toast on each side under the grill. Fill the rolls with the tuna salad and top with cheese. Arrange on a baking tray and grill until the cheese melts. Transfer to serving plates and serve.