Italian tuna salad
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (340g) tin solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 40g pitted nicoise olives
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toast or salad leaves to serve
2) Meanwhile put the tuna in a medium bowl, breaking it into large chunks, along with the onion, celery, olives and capers.
3) Drain and chop the tomatoes. Add to the tuna mixture and toss to combine. Add the olive oil, lemon rind, juice and basil and toss again.
4) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve cold with toasted bread or salad leaves if desired.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.