Tuna and French bean salad
- 600g slender french beans, trimmed, halved crosswise
- 3 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 2 large red potatoes, diced
- 80ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 230g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of chopped fresh basil leaves
- Smaller handful of chopped fresh Italian parsely leaves
- 255g tinned tuna packed in oil, drained
2) Add 2 tsp of salt to the same cooking liquid and bring the liquid to a simmer. Add the potatoes to the simmering liquid and cook until they are just tender but still hold their shape, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to the ice water to cool completely. Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a towel.
3) In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, garlic, oil, oregano, 1 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp pepper. Place the tomatoes, basil and parsley in a large serving bowl. Add the tuna and toss gently to combine. Add the french beans and potatoes and gently combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.