Tuna and white bean pasta with gremolata bread crumbs
- 6 tbsp EVOO (Olive oil)
- 6 flat filet anchovies, optional
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 70g breadcrumbs, toast and grind stale bread or store bought (have frozen ends in fridge to give tip - save ends until you have a bunch, toast and grind)
- 2 lemons
- Handful flat leaf parsely, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 450g penne or ziti rigate
- 4 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (425g) tin white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 120ml white wine, white vermouth, or chicken broth
- 2 tins (170g) Italian tun in oil or water, drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped or 1 tin (425g)
2) Heat a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
3) Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp EVOO, couple of turns of the pan. Add celery, onions and 2 cloves garlic to the pan and cook until just tender, 5 minutes. Add white beans and rosemary and heat through 2 to 3 minutes more. Add wine, vermouth or broth, flakes tuna and tomato, if using. Atir 2 minutes then turn off heat.
4) Just before draining the pasta, add a ladle of starchy cooking water to pan along with the drained pasta, toss to combine. Serve in shallow bowls with lots of breadcrumbs and a drizzle of oil on top.