Tuna Avocado Poke
- 1 pound sashimi-grade tuna, cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno, minced, optional
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
1. Combine the tuna, coriander, ginger, jalapeno if using, shallot, soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
2. Just before serving, fold in the avocado. Scoop 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the poke onto each on lettuce leaf. Serve.