A wasabi vinaigrette is the hidden secret to this colourful salad.
- 900g very fresh tuna steak, cut 2.5cm thick
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 1/2 tsps salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 limes, zest grated
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 3 limes, juiced
- 30ml soy sauce
- 10 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 to 2 ripe Hass avocados, medium diced
- 50g spring onions, white and green parts, minced (2 spring onions)
- 50g red onion, small diced
2) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, lime zest, wasabi, lime juice, soy sauce and hot sauce. Add the avocados to the vinaigrette.
3) Cut the tuna in chunks and place it in a large bowl. Add the spring onions and red onion and mix well. Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the tuna and carefully mix.