- 1.5kg very fresh tuna steak
- 300ml olive oil
- 5 limes, zest grated
- 240ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 1/2 tsp wasabi powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hot red pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 spring onions, white and green parts minced
- 3 1/4 tbsp minced fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 5 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Cheese biscuits, to serve
2) Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, and peel. Cut the avocados into 0.5cm dice. Carefully mix the avocado into the tuna mixture. Add the toasted sesame seeds, if using, and season to taste.
3) Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the flavours to blend. Serve on cheese biscuit.