Halibut in artichoke and tomato broth
- 60ml olive oil
- 4 halibut fillets
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning fish
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning fish
- 2 shallots, sliced into thin rounds
- 5g garlic, minced
- 500g frozen artichokes, thawed
- 125ml white wine
- 375ml low-sodium chicken broth
- 425g tinned diced tomatoes
- 5g minced fresh thyme leaves
2) In a medium saucepan, heat the 45ml of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for one minute. Add the garlic and artichokes and cook until golden brown, about five minutes. Add the white wine and stir, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and juice, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
3) Ladle the artichoke and tomato broth into shallow bowls. Top with the griddled halibut. Serve immediately.