Middle-Eastern Couscous with Tenderstem Broccoli
- 400ml vegetable stock (bouillon powder)
- 200g couscous
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp English Provender Very Lazy Garlic
- 1 tsp English Provender Very Lazy Red Chillies
- 1-2 tsp Baharat seasoning, to taste
- 80g raisins
- 90g ready-toasted pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli, each stem cut into 3 pieces
Prepare the stock in a mixing bowl by stirring the bouillon powder in 400ml boiling water. Tip in the couscous, stir well, cover with clingfilm and set aside for 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, chilli and Baharat seasoning. Add the raisins and pine nuts, mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
Steam the Tenderstem for 5 minutes until soft but with a little bite.
Tip the cooked Tenderstem into the couscous, pour over the dressing and mix together.
Serve immediately whilst still warm, or pack into tubs and chill in the fridge for a super healthy packed lunch.
Recipe courtesy of Tenderstem Broccoli